So you’ve just learned or mastered an instrument called GUITAR, but are wondering which easy guitar songs should you play? Well, do not worry as your help is here!
When you are getting started in guitar, it’s good to learn a couple of songs that you can enjoy playing when hanging out with family and friends, it’s also a great way to jump-start your guitar journey.
- 70 Easy Guitar Songs That You Can Play
- EASY POP SONGS FOR GUITAR:-
- EASY COUNTRY SONGS FOR GUITAR:-
- EASY ROCK SONGS FOR GUITAR:-
- EASY METAL SONGS FOR GUITAR:-
- EASY ALTERNATIVE/INDIE SONGS FOR GUITAR:-
- EASY FILM SCORE FOR GUITAR
- EASY JAZZ SONGS FOR GUITAR:
- EASY BLUES SONGS FOR GUITAR:
- EASY CLASSICAL SONGS FOR GUITAR:
70 Easy Guitar Songs That You Can Play
Before everything, you should take a look at the tips that can make your guitar journey a smooth one. They will help you now and in the future as well.
An easy song should be the priority for any beginner, as it does help you to learn the song you like and keeps up the spirit for further learning. Choosing a hard song or song that contains a difficult pattern or chord might prove challenging and can kill your motivation of learning and playing guitar; resulting in a lot of dust and spider webs on your guitar. Worst case scenario would be the wreckage of acoustic guitar which no one wants.
Please take note that when you start, you are not going to be good immediately. It’s not easy to be Jimi Hendrix without a lot of practice. So don’t give up, make mistakes and take your time in improving them. Remember, patience is the road to excellence.
One second, hey, do have a capo? If not then I would suggest you to check this one: Dunlop, Black Capo.(works with regular-sized electric & steel-string acoustic guitars). I hope you like it. Actually use it myself.
Listen to the song as much time as you can so you can have a grasp of the rhythm, which can help you in the changing of the note or chord while playing. If you have the song memorized, then it becomes easier for you to play it.
So to summarize the tips –
- Pick an easy song that you like
- Take it slow
- Practice a lot
- Keep listening to the song
Some of these songs are played using a Capo. A Capo is used to raise the pitch. It does make things easier. If you don’t have a capo, it’s recommended that you buy one.
The chords here, are written in short form. So take a good look at the short forms used:
- If a chord is written alone for example, ‘A’ then it means it is an A Major chord.
- If a chord is written with a small ‘m’ for example, ‘Am’ then it means it is an A Minor Chord.
- If a chord is written with a small ‘maj’ for example, ‘Amaj’ then it means it is an A Major Chord.
- If a chord is written with a ‘#” for example, ‘A#’ then it means it is an A Sharp Major Chord.
- If a chord is written with a small ‘b’ for example, ‘Ab’ then it means it is an A Flat Major Chord.
- If a chord is written with a ‘dim’ for example, ‘A dim’ then it means it is an A Diminished Major Chord.
- If a chord is written with a ‘sus’ for example, ‘A sus’ then it means it is an A Suspended Major Chord.
- If two chords are written with a ‘/’ sign for example, ‘A/B’ then it means it is an A over B Chord.
So without further delay pick up your guitar and take a shot at these songs that any beginner can master.
EASY POP SONGS FOR GUITAR:-
- Havana By Camila Cabello
Chords: Em, C, B7
- Imagine By John Lennon
Chords: C, F, Cmaj7, Am, Dm
- Photograph By Ed Sheeran
Chords: E, C#m, B9, A9
- Wonderwall By Oasis
Chords: Em7, G, Dsus4, Asus4, G, C
- Yellow By Coldplay
Chords: G, D, C, Em. With capo on 4th fret
- Clocks By Coldplay
Chords: Eb, Bbm, Fm
- Fix You By Coldplay
Chords: capo on the 3rd fret. C, Em, Am7, F, G
- Let Her Go By Passenger
Chords: F, C, Am, G, Em
- Hallelujah By Leonard Cohen
Chords: C, Am, F, G, E7
- Perfect By Ed Sheeran
Chords: G, Em, C, D, D/F#, G/B, D sus
- Wish You Were Here By Pink Floyd
Chords: Em, G, Am, F#, C
EASY COUNTRY SONGS FOR GUITAR:-
- Take Me Home Country Road By John Denver
Chords: capo on 2nd fret. G, Em, D, C, F
- You Are My Sunshine
Chords: A, D, E
- I Walk The Line By Johnny Cash
Chords: A, D, E
- Blackbird By The Beatles
Chords: G, Am7, G, C, Em, D7
- Hurt By Johnny Cash
Chords: Am, C, D, G, F
- Everything has Changed by Taylor Swift with Ed Sheeran
Chords: D, G, Bm, A, Em7
- King of the Road by Roger Miller
Chords: A, D, E
- Jolene By Dolly Parton
Chords: Am, C, G
- Blown Away by Carrie Underwood
Chords: Am, C, G
EASY ROCK SONGS FOR GUITAR:-
- Future Days By Pearl Jam
Chords: C, F, C/B, Am, G
- The Sound of Silence By Disturbed
Chords: D, A, F#m, E, D 5
- Blowin’ In Wind By Bob Dylan
Chords: G, C, D
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
Chords: D, C, G, F
- Radioactive – Imagine Dragons
Chords: Bm, D, A, E
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love By Queen
Chords: D, G, Bb, C, E
- Dust in The Wind By Kansas
Chords: C, G, Am, Dm
- Can’t Help Falling In Love With You By Elvis Presley
Chords: C, Em, Am, F, G7, G
- Thunder By Imagine Dragon
Chords: C, F, Am, Em, G, Dm
- Zombie By The Cranberries
Chords: Em, C, G, D, F#
EASY METAL SONGS FOR GUITAR:-
- Sweet Child O’ Mine By Guns N’ Roses
Chords: D, C, G, A, Em, B
- Stairways To Heaven By Led Zeppelin
Chords: Am, G, C, D
- Nothing Else Matters By Metallica
Chords: Em, D, C, G, B
- Back In Black by AC/DC
Chords: E, D, A/C#, A, B, G, C
- Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple
Chords: Capo on 1st Fret. E, G, A, F, C, G#, D
- Breaking The Law By Judas Priest
Chords: Am, F, G, C, E, D, B, A, Dm
EASY ALTERNATIVE/INDIE SONGS FOR GUITAR:-
- Wake Me Up When September Ends By Green Day
Chords: G, G/F#, Em, D, C, Cm, Bm, D/F#
- Hey There Delilah – Plain White T’s
Chords: C, Em, F, G, Am, B
- Apocalypse By Cigarettes After Sex
Chords: F, Dm, Am, C, Bb
- Smell Like Teen Spirit By Nirvana
Chords: capo on the 1st fret. E, A, G, C
- Affection By Cigarettes After Sex
Chords: G, D, Am, C
- All I Want By Kodaline
Chords: C, F, G, Am, G, D
- Coffee By beabadoobee
Chords: A, Amaj7, Dmaj7, D7
- Demons By Imagine Dragons
Chords: C, G, Am, F
EASY NEO-FOLK SONG FOR GUITAR:-
- Skinny Love By Bon Iver
Chords: Am, C, D
- The Night We Met By Lord Huron
Chords: capo on 2nd fret. Em, C, G, D
- Holocene By Bon Iver
Chords: Capo on 1st fret. C, Am, G, F
- Working Class Hero By John Lennon
Chords: Am, G, D
- The Times They Are a-Changin By Bob Dylan
EASY FILM SCORE FOR GUITAR
- Time By Hans Zimmer
- City of Stars By Justin Hurwitz(La La Land)
Chords: Dm, Gm, C, F, F7m, F7, Am
- Remember Me From Coco
Chords: G, Cm7, Dm, G7, Cmaj7, Bm7, Em, Am7
- Interstellar By Hans Zimmer
- Let It Go From Frozen
Chord: G, D, Em, C
- You’ve Got A Friend In Me By Randy Newman
EASY JAZZ SONGS FOR GUITAR:
- All Of Me By John Legend
Chords: Em, C, G, D, Am
- Autumn Leaves By Nat King Cole
Chords: Bm, Em7, A7, Dmaj7, Gmaj7, C#dim, F#7
- Summertime By George Gershwin
- Blue Monk By Thelonius Monk
- So What – Miles David
EASY BLUES SONGS FOR GUITAR:
- Nobody Knows When You’re Down And Out By Eric Clapton
Chord: C, E7, A, A7, Dm, F, D7, G7, F#dim7, F#dim, B9, C9
- I Can’t Quit You Baby By Led Zeppelin
Chord: A, D9, E9, Bb
- Red House By Jimi Hendrix
Chord: Bb7, Ab7, Eb9, F9, Ddim7, Edim7, E9
- Sweet Little Angel By B.B. King
Chord: Capo on 1st fret. C, F, Em, Dm, G7
- Alberta By Eric Clapton
EASY CLASSICAL SONGS FOR GUITAR:
- Waltz in E Minor By Ferdinando Carulli
- Ode To Joy By Beethoven
- Fur Elise By Beethoven
- Happy Birthday
Chords: A, E, A7, D
- Amazing Grace
Chord: G7, G, C, D, Em
If you feel difficulties like shifting of chords or complex tabs in practicing the songs, try these:
- Slow your speed down and correctly play the song.
- Once you’ve got the flow, then speed up your speed with small steps.
- Practice the difficult part more and more.
Practice improves your skill, so keep practicing more and more and in the end, it’s all worth your hard work.
Well, that’s the list of songs including every genre, with some tips that can help you on your smooth journey of mastering guitar. Enjoy these amazing songs, learn and play on your guitar. Check out if you want to buy Acoustic Guitar under $200.
Have a good day!