BEST WIRELESS EARBUDS WITH LONG BATTERY LIFE
Want to listen to your favorite music without the bulky headphones or the tangly wires?
You need a pair of wireless earbuds.
If you don’t know what wireless or technically called True-wireless earbuds are, you need to lift the rock you’ve been living under.
Pioneered by Apple, these kind of in-ear earphones are the rage right now. Almost all the big and even the small-time brands have their proprietary pair in the market by now.
They utilize the Bluetooth 4.2+ technology to wirelessly pair both the in-ear earpieces and connect it to a Bluetooth transmitter, such as the ones present in your mobile phones, tablet PCs, and Laptop PCs.
And if we look at the current trends and the development of the versatile Lightning connector for Apple users and the USB type-C connectors for android users, you don’t get an audio jack. You have to use the proprietary earphones or run for a Bluetooth version if you want to charge your device while using the audio functionality.
And if you are looking for a Bluetooth device, you might as well embrace the authentic wireless experience.
Though there are hundreds and even thousands of truly wireless earphones, not all devices are created equal. And before we jump into our list of best wireless earbuds with long battery life, we need to look at some things you need to consider before you can find your best wireless earbuds in 2020.
First and foremost, the cost. Even though there are cheap devices available all over the market and e-commerce websites like Amazon, we suggest you look for a reliable brand and look over the generic ones.
Of course, no reliable brand will provide you with ridiculously cheap true wireless earbuds. The reason being the time and premium quality peripherals they take.
So, we suggest you go for a reliable brand like Apple, Samsung, Jabra, Sony, JBL, Sennheiser, etc. even though they cost a tad bit more.
- Supported Codecs:
Most of the real and worth brands will provide you with information on the supported and unsupported codecs.
We have observed that the basic and old generation wireless earbuds in 2019 supported only an SBC codec, which didn’t support high fidelity and high-resolution sound.
But now, most of the good pairs of truly wireless earbuds in 2020 support AAC, SBC, aptX, and LDAC.
If you are an Apple user, please find a pair of truly wireless earbuds that support AAC, because most of the iOS optimized earbuds only support SBC or the old gen SBC or aptX formats, which sound kind of flat.
- Battery life:
Of course, if you are reading this article, you had to have expected battery life to be on this list.
The battery of the individual earbud should be no less than 30 mAh (at 3.7 V), and the battery of the Charging case should be at least 350 mAh (at 3.7 V).
Suppose you have met the above conditions. In that case, depending on your usage, you should get up to 3-4 complete charges from your charging case and a total of 12 hours minimum of playback, which is the least you need if you are an avid listener of music, podcasts, or audiobooks.
- Size of the charging case:
You need to look for a pair of wireless earbuds with all the above features and don’t have a bulky big charging case. The whole point of truly wireless earbuds in 2020 is to be space-efficient and compact. You need to look for a charging case that supports a USB Type-C connector for charging, as it can charge the case very quickly. ANd the case needs to be small enough to pop them in your pockets and forget about it until you need it.
Now that you know what you should look for when buying wireless earbuds in 2020,
Let’s get into our curated list of the best wireless earbuds with a long battery life currently present in the market.
Product 1: Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earphones – Apple H1 Headphone Chip, Class 1 Bluetooth, 9 Hours Of Listening Time, Sweat Resistant Earbuds – Black Check on Amazon
If you are an athletic type of person, then these are the best wireless earbuds for workouts.
Made by Beats by Dr.Dre, these Powerbeats Pro wireless earbuds are powered by the apple H1 headphone chip, which allows the user to connect to any iOS device seamlessly.
The earbuds come with adjustable earbud tips and secure-fit ear hooks that provide you a snuggly, safe, and comfortable fit.
May it be a morning run, some yoga, weight training, or MMA training, these wireless earbuds will be your perfect companion.
- Up to 9 hours of playback on a single charge
- Fast charging: 5 minutes of charge gives 1.5 hours of music playback
- Audio Sharing integration allows you to pair two pairs of Powerbeats pro headphones with a single iPhone if you want to listen to something with a friend.
- Complete controls present on the touch panel on each earbud
- Optimized for “HEY SIRI” for hassle-free voice-activated assistance.
- The Powerbeats pro wireless has built-in optical sensors and motion accelerometers.
- Long-lasting battery life
- Adjustable ear hooks included.
- Optimized for iOS users with optical sensors and accelerometers
- Complete control, including volume adjustment present on the buds
- Works effortlessly with Siri
- Not the best product for Android users
- Slightly expensive
Product 2: Jabra Elite 65t Earbuds – Alexa Built-In, True Wireless Earbuds with Charging Case, Titanium Black – Bluetooth Earbuds Engineered for the Best True Wireless Calls and Music Experience Check on Amazon
If you are not a very avid music listener and want something affordable for podcasts, audiobooks, or maybe just for calls, then this product from Jabra is for you.
The Jabra Elite 65T TWS earbuds are designed to support effortless connection and superior sound profile. It provides an unparalleled music experience at this price, but it is specially engineered for high-quality wireless calling.
- IP55 water and dust resistant
- Completely customizable music profiles and preloaded presets in the equalizer.
- Up to 5 hours of battery on a single charge, and up to 15 hours of battery with the charging case.
- Alexa in-built for one-touch assistance
- Optimized for Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant (OS dependent)
- Perfect for vocal listening (podcasts/audiobooks)
- Completely customizable ear tips for comfort
- Very affordable
- High calling quality filters most of the ambient noise.
- Bulky and old looking design
- Mediocre bass profile.
Product 3:JLab Audio JBuds Air True Wireless Signature Bluetooth Earbuds + Charging Case – Black – IP55 Sweat Resistance – Bluetooth 5.0 Connection – 3 EQ Sound Settings: JLab Signature, Balanced, Bass Boost Check on Amazon
If you want a sleek looking pair of wireless earbuds and don’t want to take a mortgage while buying a pair of earbuds, then you might want to consider the Jlab Audio JBuds.
Designed with a sleek and robust charging case, you don’t have to worry about carrying an extra charging cable; the charging case comes with an integrated one.
And hi-res AAC support at this price point, you can’t not afford to give this product a go.
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- Low latency and hassle-free connection: takes less than 2 seconds to pair and connect with any OS device
- Customizable sound equalizer (EQ3) according to the user’s preference
- IP55 resistant robust design
- Compact and travel-friendly
- Very affordable
- 15 hours of battery life (with the charging case. 3.5+ hours on the earbuds)
- Cutting edge hassle-free Bluetooth 5.0 connection
- Perfect for avid music listeners
- Slightly cheap plastic design
- Mediocre bass performance on 100% volume
Product 4: Galaxy Buds True Wireless Earbuds (Wireless Charging Case included), Black – US Version Check on Amazon
Now, we are going to enter the world of premium True-wireless earbuds.
If you are looking for a perfect companion for your Samsung device, then the Galaxy Buds TWS earbuds are the option to choose.
With their sleek design and adaptive use case, you can quickly get the high-quality music experience you have ever wanted.
They have an integrated AKG sound profile that delivers high-res sound wirelessly and efficiently.
- Compatible with iOS and android
- Premium sound tuning by AKG
- Six hours of battery life from the earbuds (7 additional with the case)
- Ambient aware noise canceling (android only)
- Splash, sweat, and dirt resistant.
- Perfect for Android users
- Sleek and futuristic design
- One-touch intuitive controls
- Optimized for Siri and Google Assistant
- Compact charging case design
- Doesn’t work perfectly with iOS
- Costly product
Product 5: JBL LIVE 300 – Premium True Wireless Headphone – Black Check on Amazon
This is another premium pair of wireless earbuds. Made by JBL, this has the globally accredited JBL premium signature sound profile known for its punchy bass and crystal clear vocals.
It supports an ambient aware passive noise canceling, and with the behemoth 20 hours of playback with the case, this is the best wireless earbuds for you if you want to use TWS earbuds in the office, during your daily commute, or in the gym.
- Premium performance due to the user-customizable JBL signature sound profile
- Passive noise canceling that auto-adjusts according to the ambient sound.
- TalkThru supported; just swipe on any earbud to activate TalkThru to chat with your friends without removing the buds
- 20-hour battery life (6 hours on a single charge on the earbuds)
- Stereo low latency calling support.
- Ambient noise canceling
- Completely customizable music experience
- TalkThru support for convenience
- Long battery life
- Slightly bulky charging case
- Earbuds might be uncomfortable if you have small ears.
Product 6: Echo Buds – Wireless earbuds with immersive sound and active noise reduction Check on Amazon
If you are a big fan of Amazon original products and use some of the very few Alexa enabled Android devices, then the Echo Buds are the pair of wireless earbuds for you.
This product features dynamic drivers that provide you with an unparalleled immersive experience. And with the integrated Bose active noise-reduction feature, you can filter out the annoying noise of construction sites or a busy commute reasonably easily.
- Dynamic, immersive experience: Premium speakers and dynamic drivers paired with the cutting edge Bose active noise-reduction technology.
- Alexa enabled: Just say Alexa, play music, and you’re good to go.
- 20-hour battery: 5 hours on a single charge (additional 15 hours with the case)
- Sweat-resistant and customizable (includes swappable three sizes of ear tips)
- Perfect for Alexa enabled devices
- Optimized for both iOS and Android
- Sleek and trendy design
- Sweat and splash-resistant
- Active noise reduction is integrated.
- Slightly mediocre performance on 100% volume
- No option to turn off the noise reduction feature
Product 7: Samsung Galaxy Buds Live, True Wireless Earbuds w/Active Noise Cancelling, Mystic Black (US Version) Check on Amazon
If you want a truly wireless experience, then this pair of buds from Samsung will provide you with just that.
With an included wireless charging case, Bluetooth 5.0, and hassle-free connection support, these might be the most wireless earbuds present on the market.
They have 12mm dynamic speakers tuned by AKG; you will not get anything but extraordinary immersive sound.
And the cherry on the cake is that they have an integrated active noise cancellation feature built-in.
- Premium audio profile: Tuned by AKG, the 12mm dynamic drivers and the Samsung speakers will provide you with an exceptional music performance.
- Ergonomic and comfortable design
- Active Noise cancelation: These are one of the first pairs of ANC wireless earbuds ever made. They filter out all the ambient noise and can let nearby conversations in with one touch on the button.
- Three microphone system for seamless calling experience
- Long battery life: 8 hours with the earbuds and 29 hours total with the charging case.
- Splash and sweat-resistant.
- Bixby support
- Perfect for Samsung users
- Active noise cancelation
- Customizable and ergonomic design
- Not optimized for iOS
- Slightly expensive product
Product 8: Sony WF-SP800N Truly Wireless Sports in-Ear Noise Canceling Headphones with mic for Phone Call and Alexa Voice Control, Orange (Amazon Exclusive) (WFSP800N/D) Check on Amazon.
If you are a hardcore fan of Sony’s Audio performance, you are going to love these wireless earbuds.
With Bluetooth and NFC support, you can easily connect these buds to any android or iOS device in no time.
With 13 hours of battery life with digital noise canceling and almost double without the digital noise-canceling, you are sure to get a long playtime, all while getting that athletic look you’ve always wanted.
- Ergonomic and comfortable design: Soft cushioned ear arc supporting design
- Immersive Sony Signature sound with digital noise-canceling
- IP55 sweat and dirt-resistant and easy to clean
- Built-in microphone for premium calling experience
- Alexa enabled for voice control.
- Alexa enabled for hassle-free voice control.
- Strong bass and clear acoustics
- Perfect for workouts
- Comfortable to wear
- Slightly low battery backup with digital noise cancelation enabled
- Poor Alexa optimization
Product 9: Bose SoundSport Free, True Wireless Earbuds, (Sweatproof Bluetooth Headphones for Workouts and Sports), Black Check on Amazon
If you have ever imagined the perfect pair of true wireless earbuds for workouts and sports, this product from Bose will be pretty close to it.
The Bose Sounsport Free are sweat and weather resistant with their IPx4 rating and pack a punch when it comes to audio performance.
With constant firmware updates to resolve bugs and optimization for iOS, Android and Windows, these buds are not only good with your phone during workouts but also good for your work time at home or in the office.
- IPx4 rating for sweat and weather resistance
- Customizable ear tips
- 5 hours of playtime and additional 10 hours with the charging case
- Find my buds feature to track lost buds
- Integrated microphone system for premium calling experience
- Superior sound quality
- Hassle-free pairing and connectivity (Bluetooth 5.0)
- One-touch controls for track control and virtual assistants
- Snuggly fit and ergonomic design
- No noise cancelation
- Mediocre features for the price
Product 10: Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 – Bluetooth Earbuds with Active Noise Cancellation, Smart Pause, and 28-Hour Battery Life – Black (M3IETW2 Black) Check on Amazon
Now, these are the pair of wireless earbuds in 2020 for true audiophiles.
Made by Sennheiser, the Momentum TWS 2 earbuds have uniquely designed 7mm dynamic drivers that provide clear vocals, crisp acoustic notes, and punchy bass all at the same time.
With the integrated active noise-cancellation, you can tune off the world and enjoy your premium sound by immersing into it, helping you focus on the natural mids, deep bass, and crisp treble anywhere, without worrying about the wires.
- Sennheiser designed unique 7mm dynamic drivers for premium sound
- 7-hour battery life on the earbuds and up to 28 hours of playtime with the case
- Completely customizable touch controls
- Ergonomic and comfortable design
- Perfect for sensitive ears
- Exceptional sound quality
- Ergonomic design
- Active noise cancelation is integrated.
- Premium looking case and earbuds
- Very expensive
- Not great for calling
- Are true-wireless earbuds good?
They won’t match the sound profile of headphones or some wired earphones, but if you want a hassle-free music experience, and don’t want to damage your expensive devices by tugging on the cables, then nothing is better than TWS earbuds.
- What is the difference between active noise-cancelation and active noise-reduction?
ANC completely blocks ambient noise, unless you set it up on adaptive mode, while Active noise reduction reduces ambient noise by sealing your ear canals.
- Are TWS earbuds harmful?
No, unless you buy a cheap one that might explode near your ears, TWS earbuds are entirely safe to use as they use Bluetooth connectivity that has been proved to be a safe form of radiation.
We understand that choosing a pair of True-wireless earbuds in 2020 is a tedious job with so many options at such different prices. But that’s why we have prepared this review with a detailed buying guide.
Whatever option you choose to go with, please consider the size of the case, the battery life, and last but not least, the Amazon customer reviews if you don’t want to end up buying ill-performing TWS earbuds.
We hope this article helped you.
Until next time.