Best Noise-Cancelling Headphones for GYM in 2020
Do you like hitting the gym for some workout, but are tired of the same old corny music?
What you need is a noise-cancelling headphone or a pair of ANC headphones.
I already knew that you say?– well, we are sure you don’t know which one is the best for you.
Let me rephrase that What you need is the best noise-cancelling headphone!
Ranging from Big guns like Bose and beats to the more affordable Sony and JBL, we have it all. And we have even provided our insight into the reviews of these products. As any new headphone works, it will sound good, but the more you use it, the more it gives the game away, so we have prepared our Pros and Cons list to give you the insider scoop into these products.
All you have to do right now is to go through our step by step buying guide before you can decide which might be the best noise-cancelling headphones for Gym that suits you.
- Wired or wireless:
The best noise-canceling headphones are usually wireless noise-canceling headphones. They allow you to play music, listen to podcasts or audiobooks without a hassle.
Leave your phone in your pocket, and once you start playing the music, you don’t even have to take it out. And if you are looking for a good pair of headphones for the gym, wired options are a no-go. You need a good pair of Bluetooth headphones that allow you to listen to your music without worrying about wire tangles and dropping your phone.
- Battery life:
If you are an avid listener, maybe music, audiobooks, or podcasts, you know how important battery life is. Charging the headphone twice or thrice throughout the day is frustrating, and for avoiding that, you need to look for a good pair of headphones that will survive at least 6 hours on a complete charge.
Anything less than that might be enough if you are using it only when you hit the gym, but if you are using it for anything other than that, you have to look out for the battery life.
Most manufacturers use an over the head design for maximum comfort and optimum performance of the noise-canceling technology. And most are made to be adjustable according to your head. Still, you need to look for one that is perfect for your head, and if it doesn’t fit correctly, you need to be able to return them.
A good rule must be that it should be tight enough that no air should pass in between the speaker cup and your ear, but shouldn’t be so tight that your earlobes hurt after prolonged usage.
- Adjustable noise-cancelling:
A good noise-cancelling headphone should have at least three modes: 1. Active noise-canceling that can be used when you want to mute the outside world entirely, 2. Ambient noise canceling, when you want to hear people talking around you, but don’t want to hear loud background noise like the men working on the street, 3. No noise-canceling for when you already are in a quiet environment and want to save your headphone’s battery.
Some headphones offer Adaptive Noise-canceling; these are usually the high-end models that adjust the amount of filtering based on the dB of the surroundings around you.
Now that you know what you need to look for when buying a pair of noise-canceling headphones let’s dive into the product list to find the best noise-canceling headphones for you.
Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, Noise-Cancelling, with Alexa voice control – Black Buy now
If you didn’t know, Bose is the pioneer of noise cancellation technology.
And this Bose noise-canceling headphone is at the top of our list because it includes all the necessary features that users will love.
With this QC35 Series II model, you can rest assured that you can completely mute the times square during the rush hour. Being one of the strongest players in the market, this headphone allows you to listen to music and mute the world for over 20 hours on a single charge.
- Universal control using the Bose Connect app
- Three levels of cutting edge noise cancellation.
- Noise rejecting dual-microphone
- Alexa enabled
- Bose AR-enabled
- 20 hours of battery life
- Very durable and robust build.
- Freakishly long-lasting battery
- Works with Alexa
- One button to adjust all levels of noise cancellation.
- Bose Music app is not supported.
- Slightly hard to carry design.
- Doesn’t work with Google Assistant or Siri.
Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WHCH710N: Wireless Bluetooth Over the Ear Headset with Mic for Phone-Call, Black Buy now
A product from another forerunner in the industry; this WHCH710N model from Sony is exceptional at everything a headphone has to do.
With a comfortable and adjustable design, this headphone not only looks classic but also has a long-lasting battery.
Up to 35 hours of battery life and turbo USB Type-C charging delivers 60 minutes of continuous usage for only 10 minutes of charging. This is perfect for you if you often forget to plug your headphone before you sleep.
- The Dual noise sensor allows adaptive noise canceling
- Ambient sound mode available
- Swivel design for ease of portability
- 30mm drivers for dynamic Bass with crisp and crystal clear vocals
- Up to 35 hours of battery life in a complete charge.
- Compact and easy to carry
- Powerful and punchy bass
- 35 hours of battery and fast USB Type-C charging
- Slightly mediocre sturdiness
- Does not work with Alexa
- No universal optimized control
Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM3: Wireless Bluetooth Over the Ear Headset with Alexa Voice Control – Industry Leading Active Noise Cancellation – Black Buy now
Another banger noise-canceling headphones from Sony. A predecessor to the upcoming WH-1000XM4, this Sony WH-1000XM3 is just as stylish and sturdy.
Featuring a cutting edge touch control technology, just gesturing by touching the cup that will universally control your music, volume, repeat, and shuffle, These pair of headphones give a new definition to the term ‘Hands-Free.’
With up to 30 hours of battery life and a forerunning Noise cancellation technology, these might be the best noise-canceling headphones for workouts if you like to shut off the background noise completely.
- Alexa built-in
- With the Sony Headphones app’s compatibility, these headphones adjust noise cancellation levels based on the ambient noise.
- Uses long term personal optimization to record head size, glass use, hair to provide the best in class sound quality
- Supports Bluetooth and NFC for hassle-free connectivity
- Touch sensor
- Detachable AUX cable included
- Long-lasting battery
- Compact and easy to carry
- Dynamic bass and crisp vocals even on 100% volume
- Personal optimization for the best sound profile
- Supports Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant
- Mediocre battery life when used on 100% volume all the time.
- Doesn’t support fast charging
Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Industry Leading Noise-canceling Overhead Headphones with Mic for phone-call and Alexa voice control, Black Buy now
A successor to the previously mentioned Sony WH-1000XM3, this Sony WH-1000XM4 looks exactly the same on the outside, but the internal is entirely fresh and upgraded.
With all the functions of the Sony WH-1000XM3, this headphone features better ambient noise control, personal optimization, and better sound profiles for even the most hardcore audiophiles.
Sony has also made a point to include a 5-microphone system to provide unparalleled call quality.
- Alexa Built-in
- 5-microphone system onboard
- Quick attention mode: Just place your hand on the right ear cup to instantly reduce both volume and noise cancellation for instant conversation.
- 30-hour battery life.
- Adaptive sound control through the Sony Headphones app.
- Personal optimization for the best sound profile for you.
- Includes all the features of Sony WH-1000XM3
- Unparalleled sound and call quality
- Long-lasting battery with added fast-charge function(10 mins charge = 5 hours of listening)
- Compact and easy to store
- Not for robust users
- Not dirt resistant
JBL LIVE 650BTNC – Wireless Over-Ear Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone, Amazon Alexa Voice Control, up to 30 Hour Battery, works with Android and Apple iOS (Blue) Buy now
These headphones from JBL might be the best noise-canceling headphones for GYM if you don’t want to break the bank while buying a pair of good quality headphones.
With 40mm drivers, these headphones will provide such a punchy bass that even the most hardcore of the bass lovers will freak out. And with the JBL signature sound and profiles like Bass enhance, 3D, or even vocal profile, if you listen to just audiobooks or podcasts, these headphones are not going to disappoint you.
And for a fraction of the price of other noise-canceling headphones, these are one of the better options to consider.
- Premium Quality JBL sound signature
- Hands-free touch control
- AUX cable support: listen to the same quality of music when your battery flatlines
- Superior active noise canceling
- Low latency mode on AUX for gaming
- 20-hour battery life
- Can be customized using the JBL Headphones app (available for Android 7.0+ and iOS)
- Premium sound
- Pre-installed sound profiles
- Soft padding all around the over-ear headphone design
- Fast charging USB Type-C to Type-C
- TalkThru technology for ambient noise canceling.
- Cannot turn the noise canceling off
- Slightly bulky and hard to carry
COWIN E7 PRO [Upgraded] Active Noise Cancelling Headphones Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone/Deep Bass Wireless Headphones Over Ear 30 Hours Playtime for Travel/Work/Cellphone, Black Buy now
These Cowin E7 pro headphones might be perfect for you if you don’t want all those sophisticated sound profiles and management. Just connect them, and you’re done.
With the all-new and upgraded soft cushion padding, these noise-canceling headphones are comfortable to wear and will not tire your ears even after prolonged use.
With an NRR of 30dB, these noise-canceling headphones are perfect for use in offices, gym, and airplanes. The included low aperture 45mm dynamic drives gives you a crisp quality sound and a punchy bass.
- 30-hour battery life
- Bluetooth connectivity, lose the wires
- Very compact design for ease of storage and carrying
- AUX low latency support for gaming
- Actively filters out ambient noise.
- Very affordable
- Hands-free support
- Crisp music quality
- Strong and robust design
- Doesn’t filter high-frequency noises
- Only one noise-canceling profile
- Takes very long to charge completely.
Bose Noise Cancelling Wireless Bluetooth Headphones 700, with Alexa Voice Control, Black Buy now
These are a slightly more affordable option from Bose. These Bose ANC headphones are redefined to provide quality music at a somewhat reasonable price.
With a four-microphone integrated system, receiving and speaking on calls is convenient. The Bose Signature active EQ has pre-loaded profiles to provide hassle-free immersive audio, however, you like. And with the three noise-canceling profiles, adapting to your environment however you desire is possible at the disposal of a single button control.
The streamlined and premium design makes the headphones easy to store and carry.
- Hands-free touch controls
- 11 levels of noise-canceling with three pre-configured profiles
- Optimized for Siri and google assistant for a complete range of productivity
- 4-microphone system for calls
- Lightweight yet sturdy design
- 20-hour battery life
- Alexa built-in
- Can be paired with Bose soundbar for a personalized experience
- Lightweight and soft cups for an ergonomic design
- Intuitive touch controls for 100% hands-free compatibility
- Alexa built-in
- Mediocre battery life
- Bass overtakes the vocals on 100% volume.
Beats Studio3 Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones – Apple W1 Headphone Chip, Class 1 Bluetooth, Active Noise Cancelling, 22 Hours Of Listening Time – Midnight Black Buy now
If you want a superior sound profile, high level of active noise cancellation, and want to look stylish and chic?– well, this is the product for you! The Beats Studio3 headphones promise to deliver the best quality sound with a cutting edge Pure ANC feature to cancel all external noise.
It features a real-time adaptive cancelation and audio calibration for a premium personalized experience.
These comfortable and soft headphones will not tire your ears even after prolonged use.
And these headphones provide a soft ergonomic pivoting for optimum comfort and premium sound.
With the integrated Apple W1 chip, Bluetooth connectivity is impeccable. This feature allows you to listen to low latency and high-quality audio.
- Compatible with iOS and Android OS
- 22-hour battery life
- Fast charging: 10 minute of charging provides 3 hours of playback when the battery is low
- Pure Adaptive noise canceling profile for optimized battery and audio calibration according to the environment
- Optimized for Siri and Google Assistant
- Excellent sound profile
- Vocals are crisp, even on 100% volume.
- Adaptive noise cancelation for a personalized experience
- Long-lasting battery
- Perfect for iOS and macOS users
- It takes some time to set up.
- Not optimized well for Android users
- Slightly expensive for the performance
Skullcandy Crusher Evo Wireless Over-Ear Headphone – Chill Grey Buy now
If you are an avid listener and want to play some games using a pair of ANC headphones, these Skullcandy Crusher Evo are the best noise-canceling headphones.
With a personalized sound profile and 40 hours of battery, these headphones provide crusher bass with supreme quality vocals at the same time.
With the classic colors and the low latency design, you are sure to win some games of your favorite battle royale game and look like a chic gamer using these headphones.
You can easily configure even the most advanced of these earphones’ settings using the Skullcandy mobile app to suit your own needs.
And with a flat-folding and collapsible design, carrying these earphones anywhere is never going to be a problem.
- Adjustable bass
- Passive noise cancelation mode available
- 40 hours of battery life
- Fast charge: 10 minutes of charging delivers 4 hours of impeccable sound
- Hands-free call, music, and volume controls
- Ergonomic design
- Huge battery backup
- Adjustable bass according to your sensory comfort
- Tile finding technology built-in
- Does not actively cancel noise very well
- Bulky design
- Doesn’t support AUX-in
Philips Performance PH802 Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones Noise Isolation Stereo with Hi-Res Audio Buy now
If you are looking for a higher quality Noise isolating headphone pair, this pair of Philips Performance PH802 is just for you. This pair of headphones doesn’t only cancel noise, but with an easy switch, completely isolates the music you want to listen to.
One button rules them all. You can pretty much control all aspects of your music with this one button, redefining the meaning of Hands-free.
Supports low latency AUX-in if you want to use these for games or even studio recording.
- Flat collapsible design for ease of transport
- 30-hours playback time. (25-hours with ANC on)
- Flexible ergonomic design for maximum comfort
- Integrated microphone for hassle-free calling
- Perfectly tuned profiles for Music, Podcasts and Audiobooks.
- Hi-Res Audio certified
- Perfect for studio recording
- Hi-Res certified for higher sample rates.
- Flat and inward folding design
- Not water-resistant
- Doesn’t have compelling bass
- Are over-the-head headphones safe for use?
Ans. Yes, indeed, they are safe for use, even for a prolonged period of time. Headphones are better for your ears than in-ear earbuds, as they don’t irritate the inner lining of your ears as the in-ear ones do.
- Are these headphones good for calls?
Ans. Yes, most of these headphones come with good quality integrated microphones that provide echo-cancelation, and some even reduce ambient noise by about 30% while you are talking.
- Is AUX support beneficial?
Ans. Yes, Aux cable is often necessary. If you don’t want your mobile to die sooner, or maybe have completely drained your headphones, then such AUX-in line support helps you by listening to low latency or even no loss sound. AUX-in is especially necessary if you use the headphones for recording in the studio or playing games.
- Are these headphones waterproof?
Ans. No. All of the mentioned headphones are splash-proof and sweat-resistant, but not all are waterproof/resistant.
No matter which one of the ANC headphones you choose, you will definitely get a supreme quality sound profile, and the noise-canceling feature is the primary function of the headphones.
But as everyone is different, everyone’s heads, ears’ sensitivity, and usage are different. So, we recommend you to carefully consider all your options before buying any pair of ANC headphones, so that you can find the best noise-cancelling headphone pair for yourself.
And please consider our buying guide before placing your order so that you don’t waste your time and money on a product that really isn’t made for a user like you.
We hope our detailed guide helped you in making the right decision.