Top 5 Gig Bags for Acoustic Guitar
Hey guitar lovers. I am pretty sure that I can’t be the only one in love with playing guitar, right? Sitting in a quiet corner, just chilling with your guitar, strumming the strings, making music out of nowhere, losing our minds in the supreme bliss of creating something of your own as an artist. That is the ecstasy of creating your own music!
Just as we experience the euphoria that comes with generating music, we are also familiar with the absolute horror, the fear we constantly live under of something happening to our beloved instrument, especially while travelling. I just hated moving around with my guitar, because even if I am careful, streets are filled with people rushing about.
Types of Cases
So, to keep our dear guitars safe, there are a variety of options to keep our guitar secure, both during travel and for storing. The 2 types of cases are:
- Hard Case – A solid guitar cover for maximum protection. From the standpoint of safety, nothing beats the hard case cover. Though these are great for damage protection, hard cases are extremely bulky and difficult to carry. If we were to sum up the pros and cons of these types of covers, it would come down to the following list-
- These provide maximum protection to the guitars, and are essentially an armor for our instrument.
- With the clasps and binding belts, these cases snugly fit the guitar inside, preventing any movement and safeguarding the instrument against any damage.
- It is too bulky for comfort. Travelling with such a heavy weight is not desired generally.
- The designs and colors are limited in hard case guitar shells.
- There are no compartments to keep additional accessories which are required with the guitar.
- Gig bags – Gig bags are the lighter and padded version of guitar covers. While they provide much more convenience for travel and portability, they do not provide the safety of the hard cases. The advantage and disadvantage comparison of these bags are as follows-
- They are much easier to carry around and are not bulky.
- They come in a wide range of colors, styles, and designs.
- They have varieties of pockets and compartments to store various accessories to aid playing the guitar. So much so that even laptops can be stored in some of them.
- They have padded exteriors to protect the guitar against shocks and jerks.
- The major disadvantage of gig bags is lack of hard cover, which makes the guitar vulnerable to serious damage.
Choosing between HardCover and Gig bags
As discussed above, both the cases have their merits and demerits. It is up to you, which bag would you rather choose. While hard shell cases provide superior safety, it misses the convenience that gig bags offer. With backpack straps and their light weight designs, gig bags are more popular among travelling musicians, who spend a lot of time on roads, concealing their guitars in the padded bags.
Another factor favoring the selection of gig bags is the price. While hard cases provide excellent protection, they are also much more expensive than the bags. So, if budget is a deciding factor for you, gig bags should be your choice.
Which bags to choose?
Now that you have chosen the type of bag you want, let us go over the bags which are the best in the business, which provide both protection and ease in equal measures, which will be your dear instrument’s best friend. Below are the top 5 gig bags for acoustic guitars.
Swan7 is the bag for you if you need a heavily padded gig bag for your guitar for superior protection. A guitar once placed in this bag, fits snugly and does not move from its place. Moreover, this bag keeps the instrument safe from the hazards of dust, moisture, temperature change, in addition to protecting it from shocks, bumps and jerks.
It is made from a heavy-duty nylon which is very tough and resilient, hence, long-lasting. The reinforced padding protects both the body as well as the head stock.
- Reinforced padding
- Dual foam protection
- Weather protection
- Padded straps and handles
- Fender FA610
A very popular brand, for good reason. Fender means reliability, and assurance of quality. It has a unique design which is both stylish as well as safe. A tough bag, made from 600 denier, makes it reliable as well as ensuring that the bag does not wear away quickly. A comfortable 10 mm padding ensures the comfort of the beloved instrument, and keeps it in one piece.
If you are looking for a tough, stylish and durable bag, and do not want to worry constantly for your guitar, all while travelling comfortably, this bag is highly recommended.
- Adjustable straps
- Lined with microfibers
- Spacious pockets
- Inner pocket
- True Cult
Want a colorful bag along with a variety of designs? Look no further. A hand-stitched bag with the advanced technology of Japan, this bag is as handy as it comes. With the sheer amount of an extensive variety of instruments that this bag can fit, True Cult is extremely popular amongst guitarists. In addition to being safe and secure, completely shielding your guitar from any adversity thrown at it, it makes sure that you arrive everywhere in style, leaving onlookers burning with desire and envy.
- Wide variety of colors
- Extensive range
- Variety of sizes
- Weather proof
- Hand stitched
- 12mm padding
- Huge variety
- Absence of vertical protection
Buy it now on Amazon – https://www.amazon.in/Truecult-Acoustic-Guitar-Yamaha-Kadence/dp/B07SPHLM9P/ref=sxin_9?asc_contentid=amzn1.osa.819328a8-01ce-42a4-881e-82db1340bff6.A21TJRUUN4KGV.en_IN&ascsubtag=amzn1.osa.819328a8-01ce-42a4-881e-82db1340bff6.A21TJRUUN4KGV.en_IN&creativeASIN=B07SPHLM9P&cv_ct_cx=guitar+bags+for+acoustic+guitar+padded&cv_ct_id=amzn1.osa.819328a8-01ce-42a4-881e-82db1340bff6.A21TJRUUN4KGV.en_IN&cv_ct_pg=search&cv_ct_we=asin&cv_ct_wn=osp-single-source-earns-comm&dchild=1&keywords=guitar+bags+for+acoustic+guitar+padded&linkCode=oas&pd_rd_i=B07SPHLM9P&pd_rd_r=73493f3f-2949-4c0f-8e28-e7f860b0689d&pd_rd_w=Lzch4&pd_rd_wg=jYBX1&pf_rd_p=dc2bb729-f428-449a-9dc8-f5cb7a23d83f&pf_rd_r=G5KM2M04APSMWR2M4RY1&qid=1614325440&sr=1-1-483c64d8-df78-4008-ae20-e69f683e58b1&tag=firstpost1610-21
Still not found your ideal guitar bag? Here is a different type of bag to help you make up your mind. Unlike the heavily padded ones, this is a light and extremely comfortable bag to not overburden you. However, it’s lightness should not be mistaken for its weakness, for it is very durable.
A light bag that is durable? It is made from an extremely high-quality fabric, making it resilient. Moreover, its lightness has one more advantage; it is really simple and easy to wash.
- Weather proof
- High quality fabric
- Easy to wash
- Comfortable straps
- Zipper closure
- Easy to wash
- High quality fabric
- Weather proof
- Lack of safety
Buy it now on Amazon – https://www.amazon.in/Mustang-Acoustic-Guitar-Bag-Black/dp/B07QGL85XX/ref=sr_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=guitar+bags+for+acoustic+guitar+padded&pd_rd_r=73493f3f-2949-4c0f-8e28-e7f860b0689d&pd_rd_w=Lzch4&pd_rd_wg=jYBX1&pf_rd_p=dc2bb729-f428-449a-9dc8-f5cb7a23d83f&pf_rd_r=G5KM2M04APSMWR2M4RY1&qid=1614325440&sr=8-16
This bag relieves you of your worry for your guitar’s safety in a big way. Being a huge bag, it proves more than enough to safeguard your beloved instrument’s safety and well-being. In fact, you are sure to reach your destination more bruised and tired than your guitar.
A highly trusted brand, it protects your dear guitar in long journeys, and the extra space that comes along with it is sure to relieve some weight off your handbags and other luggage.
- High quality material
- Massive padding
- Weather proof
- Padded handles and straps
- High grade foam
- Wide variety
- Supreme safety
- Vast variety
- Absence of neck cushion
Buy it on Amazon now – https://www.amazon.in/Bag-10MM-Waterproof-Breakage-Scratches-Material/dp/B08P9PK18S/ref=sr_1_31?dchild=1&keywords=guitar+bags+for+acoustic+guitar+padded&pd_rd_r=73493f3f-2949-4c0f-8e28-e7f860b0689d&pd_rd_w=Lzch4&pd_rd_wg=jYBX1&pf_rd_p=dc2bb729-f428-449a-9dc8-f5cb7a23d83f&pf_rd_r=G5KM2M04APSMWR2M4RY1&qid=1614325440&sr=8-31
- I am going from a rainy place to a tropical region. Will my Swan7 bag keep my guitar safe?
Yes. The heavy-duty nylon protects the guitar against temperature changes, and keeps it safe from any bumps as well.
- Can I get the blue colour in my True Cult bag?
Definitely. True Cult bags come in a wide range of colours and designs.
- Does the Mustang gig bag come with sneaker boot technology?
No. Mustang does not have the sneaker boot technology, so it will not protect your guitar from a vertical fall.
- Does the Fender come with a neck brace?
Yes. The Fender comes with a neck cushion to protect your neck from too much strain.
- Which is more durable between the Swan and Kadence?
Though the Kadence is sufficiently protective with it’s high quality material and heavy padding, Swan7 takes this one into account as it provides double foam padding and heavy-duty nylon.
- Can True Cult fit my Yamaha?
Yes, True Cult bags can fit a huge range of guitars and sizes. Yamaha happens to be on the list.
- Which guitar bag has the thickest padding?
Though all bags have sufficient padding of 10-12 mm of foam, Kadence has the thickest foam padding of 20 mm.
These are the Top 5 Gig Bags for Acoustic Guitars for you. For me personally, gig bags are no short of a boon. It has protected my guitar against so many factors, keeping it safe through the years. For any guitar lover, a gig bag is a must, so that you don’t have to face the pain of seeing your precious instrument catching dust, breaking, or in general damaging due to any factor whatsoever.
Even though it is an expense, it is much better than spending money on repairs of your guitar, spending time away from your darling as it gets cured, and just the feeling of seeing your lovely producer of music damaged. So, gig bag seems like a worthwhile investment. For people who already knew this and were wondering how to choose a great bag for your guitar, now you know.